- USB (computing)abbrevUniversal Serial Bus, a fast versatile bus for communicating with peripheral devices
* * *universal serial bus: a way of connecting a printer, keyboard, or other piece of equipment to a computer using a special cable and without having to turn the computer off and on againThesaurus: relating to computer software, systems and equipmenthyponym computer programs and systemshyponym
* * *abbr. Computing universal serial bus, a connection technology for attaching peripheral devices to a computer, providing fast data exchange
* * */ˌjuːˌɛsˈbiː/ noun [noncount]computers : a system for connecting a computer to another device (such as a printer, keyboard, or mouse) by using a special kind of cord
a USB cable/port◇ USB is an abbreviation of “Universal Serial Bus.”
* * *universal serial bus (the system for connecting other pieces of equipment to a computer)
All new PCs now have USB sockets.
a USB port
Useful english dictionary. 2012.